Let's Roll the Ball and Strike the Fun!
Qatar Bowling Center
In order for everyone to enjoy the bowling experience, its common courtesy to follow a few simple guidelines. Here are some of the unwritten rules of bowling etiquette
GENERAL BOWLING ETIQUETTE
• Always wear bowling shoes, street shoes will damage the approaches and equipment.
• Keep nasty language and outbursts in your head. Nobody wants to hear it.
• Keep any food or drinks away from the lanes. Spilling anything can damage the equipment and also be dangerous for others.
• Remove your street shoes away from the lanes, especially if wet. If any of that water ends up on your bowling shoes, you might end up on your face in the middle of the lane.
DEALING WITH BOWLERS on your own lane
• Be ready to take your turn. Dont make everyone wait.
• Dont step over the foul line. Its against the rules and can also result in you tracking oil all over the approach, which is dangerous and ruins the enjoyment of the game for others.
• Dont use someone elses ball unless given permission. Use common courtesy.
DEALING WITH BOWLERS on surrounding lanes
• Yield to the bowler to your right if youre both up at the same time.
• Stand off the approach and out of the line of sight of the other bowler until he/ she finishes.
• Do not intrude on the adjacent lanes in any way. That includes throwing your ball onto the wrong lane, standing or playing on another lanes approach, or doing anything that infringes on the adjacent bowlers lane.